I had something I had to get dressed up for and where my grooming habits would have been on display and up for scrutiny but I still needed to be very conservative with it. So I decided that I should share my tips on easy ways to look groomed.
- Cut your nails short so that you do not have to worry about dirt getting under them. To make them look even more polished - get a nude or a very sheer pink nailpolish and paint on a thin layer. You want just enough gloss without too much flash
- Go with a basic palette. When you wear too much pattern or colour you draw the eye to the design of the fabric and not to the shape that it gives you making you look busy and less sharp and tidy
- Leave bare spaces bare: This means shaving clean the areas where there are stubble, or taking care of bad skin. Make sure you are properly lotioned- avoid the heavy creams and oils though you dont want your legs and arms to be shiny or your hands to be slippery; shave your legs and groom your eyebrows- stubble can be distracting; take care of any blemishes as best as you can- it will distract those you interact with and affect your self confidence
- Take your hair out of your face- whether you do a half up half down style or pin everything up just ensure that you dont have to reach up to brush your hair out of your face. It is still a move that people associate airheads or flirts with and chances are if you are in a conservative environment you do not want to be perceived as either of these.
- Make sure everything you wear is clean, without threads, without stains, without wrinkles, without rips etc. Take a second and a third and a fourth look. Take a picture of yourself so that you can get a different perspective on what you look like.
Till next time ladies!