Saturday, March 6, 2010

Heels: Perfect Rainy Weather Wear?

Yes, you read that right but let me clarify my position a teensy bit before you all attack me. When I say 'rainy weather' I'm speaking from a Caribbean perspective where when it rains its just rain( maybe a lil hail) but no sleet etc comes with it.

That said let's get on with it. Yes heels when it rains makes sense simply because they make u elevated and prevent your feet from getting wet. Obviously then, you will fare better when your heels have more material to them. Pumps are therefore better than stilettos and boots more than pumps-duh right?
Okay, ill confess-any of my friends will tell you that I constantly launch vendettas against wearing flats and that I believe sneakers/trainers? are ONLY for exercise not for everyday wear for women. But aside from my personal campaign to get people to wear heels-think about it- really think about it. Rainy weather makes you want to curl up in bed and snuggle yes? The sad reality is however, that we have to go to school and work and all these things soooo
Why not make it fabulous by donning some heels? Your feet won't get as wet, you'll look extra snazzy because most persons will be dressing down and hey, when ure wearing heels men are more gentlemanly. Don't you find?
Now this mini-revolution I'm trying to start >_< (lol, maybe) may have some nay-sayers thinking that heels on a rainy day is impractical BUT so long as your heels have a grip on the bottom (u know the patterns on the sole of ur shoes) you should not fall. In fact, science (yes I'm getting all geeky on ya) shows that because of how your weight is shared between heel and toes when you're in heels you are actually less likely to slip in heels than you are in flats. And, if you examine the soles of your flats you'll notice that they tend to wear away faster than your heels making them more slippery. Ironic isn't it? That flats, the grunge wearer's staple may actually be less practical for once?
If I may say so myself: FLATS- 0; HEELS: 1.
Finally!
(O, I shudnt have to say this but camels ((or heels that don't have a strap at the back)) do not apply to this post- if you wear them on a rainy day you will slip and fall)
Couple pics for some heels on a rainy day inspiration. Enjoy!

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone powered by Claro 3G.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and Questions welcome here! No Foul Language please!