Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Start like a Prince, Finish Like a Pauper? - My Strategy for Better Health

I've struggled with my weight pretty much since puberty. My weight has gone up and down not so much because I'm much of a dieter but for different reasons ranging from my getting taller, to having to walk more places or do accidental exercise as I call it.

The past three years of my life have been very very sedentary with the last one being extremely sedentary. As a result, I now weigh more than I have ever weighed in my life. And I feel slow and pudgy and I am extremely unhealthy. I joined the gym some time last year but quit going because I was working out like crazy and not seeing results, which pisses me off. Also, I bulk up very easily and my trainer had me doing more strength training than anything. Here's a tip, if you want to lose weight and you join a gym, do not express any desire to tone up because they will stick you in the weight room and you'll be doing strength training till thy Kingdom come. So I got discouraged, and the difficulty with transportation and time was sucking majorly as well.


 So that was the end of that. I know I love running so I bought an elliptical which was a compromise between a bicycle and a treadmill. Running in my neighbourhood is not  so safe because there are alot of lonely corners. So Ive been working with that. Between being sick ever so often and being plain lazy I've lost a whopping six pounds. *insert majorly frustrated face here*

I don't believe in depriving myself so diets have never appealed to me. My mother and I cater, and  my husband-to-be is a good cook as well so I am no stranger to great food. However, I think Ive found a way to not deprive myself but also to make sure Im eating healthier so I can see some progress on the scale in time for my wedding a honeymoon.

My strategy: Eat like a Prince at Breakfast and a Pauper at Dinner.

 Now what does this mean? Very simply put, eat more at Breakfast and less at Dinnertime. Now dinner is my favourite thing to eat, hands down. I love meat, I love carbs I love dessert. And I have zero discipline when it comes on to food. So, the easiest way for me to handle this is to have three different sized plates for each meal and eat only what can hold on each plate.

I will continue to exercise for at least half hour five days a week. When Ive built up my stamina I probably will up that because I love how cardio makes me feel. At the end of forty days (starting from tomorrow)  I will check in on my progress and let you all know how I'm doing. I may join tumblr for the purpose of posting each meal and maybe the recipe for some of them, but i foresee that taking up a bunch of time so I wont make any promises but that would be kind of cool no?


Pray me up!!
Jane

*Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a medical professional so don't treat this article as medical or health advice. Ever*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and Questions welcome here! No Foul Language please!