Wednesday, September 5, 2012

DIY Anti-Acne Mask

Here it is folks! Another DIY because you've asked for it. This one is for the ladies and the fellas, because acne can't seem to pick a favourite. It would seem to me though that we have cramps, bloating and do the child birth thing so acne could really have been reserved for the fellas right? No? Okay, well here is something that even the least domesticated among us can whip up in an instant.

Disclaimer: I am not a dermatologist nor do I claim to be. I am not saying that this mask is the answer to all your acne problems. I am simply letting you know what I have done and how I do it. If you have a problem with acne please go and see a dermatologist. Skin problems may just be surface problems or they may be deeper. This idea is just that, an idea, nothing else. Thanks!

Ingredients

Baking Soda (NOT baking powder - this will burn you like none other!)
Water
Rose water (if you like) *found at pharmacies/supermarkets*
Yoghurt/Milk (if you like)
Cucumber/ Apples (if you like).

Method

  1. In a small, clean bowl mix one part baking soda to two parts water. You are making a paste so ensure that the mixture is creamy not runny. 
  2. Refrigerate for ten minutes, apply to clean damp skin with fingers and let sit for five-ten minutes then rinse with lukewarm water
  3. Use once every two weeks or as often as needed but never more than three times for the week.

                                                                                                  image home

OR
                       
Anti-Acne and Soothing Mask
  1. Follow step 1 above but switch 1 part of water with one part rose water or milk or yoghurt (plain yoghurt or milk only)
  2. Mash or blend an apple or a cucumber and fold into the mixture
  3. Follow steps 2-3 as above
If you have sensitive skin I would implore you to leave this DIY mask for those with regular skin as the baking soda may sting or irritate your skin. As always, be sure to moisturize after you rinse off the mask, and don't rub, pat dry. I have friends who also use this as a spot treatment for a lone or a few pimple/s every now and then to dry it out. The mask should also fade acne marks lightly but PLEASE do not use this in an effort to bleach your skin! Black is BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks for reading! Comments make me happy!

Till later,
Jane

4 comments:

  1. Hey I liked your blog it meaningful and too helpful for me. you shared your experience with us thanks for that.I would like to read some more blog like this.

    Acne Dermatologist | Treatment for Moles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm… I read blogs on a similar topic, but i never visited your blog. I added it to favorites and i’ll be your constant reader. Dermatologia

    ReplyDelete

Comments and Questions welcome here! No Foul Language please!