Thursday, November 29, 2012

Shop Talk : Earth Elements in Savannah Plaza

Bush tea, aloe vera wash out and garlic remedies are all familiar to you if you live in the Islands. Now that the world seems more focused on the benefits of going natural, the natural/organic industry is hurriedly harnessing the wave to sell us all kind of natural/organic labelled items. Amidst all of this jabber, I was directed by a fellow blogger and youtuber Michelle,  to Earth Elements, a store specializing in natural products.

Earth Elements is located at Shop #3A in Savannah Plaza on Constant Spring Road in Kingston Jamaica. This is the plaza across from popeyes. I visited there last week and picked up a bottle of Argan Oil and an all-natural Blackberry Soap because my skin is irritated and is still suffering from the wicked sunburn I got the other day. (Rave Review coming soon!).

The store is small but the two workers who were there were very pleasant and everything was clearly labelled with the ingredients listed on each label. Happily, all the products I examined were bottled in Jamaica and I did not see one sulfate of any kind on any labels, nothing with added fragrance and nothing with added mineral oil. Their products are varied - from natural soaps like the one I picked up, to raw shea butter and cocoa butter in tubs, to bath salts, various body oils and scented oils and loads of candles.

The prices ranged from $100 up to $800 (JMD) which, I thought was pretty affordable. The ladies were eager to help and they were knowledgeable about each of the products that were there (gasp!) which is a special treat for me as a Jamaican consumer. Remind me to tell you about my experience trying to shop for a wedding dress here.

The Argan Oil I picked up was $360 and a little goes a long way. The blackberry soap was $200 and best believe I will be visiting that store again very soon. If you are looking for a product and want to make sure they have it in stock then you can give them a call at 926-4428.

I am not associated with Earth Elements or the persons who work there or own it. I just really like what I saw and I think they deserve some support. So if you check them out let me know how your experience was. :) Also, if you are a hair product nerd they have a wide array of natural products. I am currently on a ban until I finish the products I am using.

I will be doing a post/video on my hair routine or my top hair products pretty soon but I have a couple more shops to recommend to you guys so look out for that!

Till later,
Jane

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this store, I have went there several times and each time I go its a good experience. I would definitely recommend this store, in fact I already have to two of my firends

    ReplyDelete

Comments and Questions welcome here! No Foul Language please!