Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Review: Simple Kind to Skin Smoothing Facial Scrub

I purchased this product a couple months back because my skin was acting out like a crazy banshee. I was drawn to it because of its claim to be uncomplicated, fragrance-free and it contained rice granules as the exfoliating element.
SIMPLE SMOOTHING FACIAL SCRUB
 After more than six weeks of use, these are my thoughts:

Price point
This was on the more economical end of the spectrum. I believe I paid around $800 JMD for this at the New Kingston Pharmacy in the New Kingston Shopping Centre. You get approximately 2.5 ounces of product. If you use this daily it can last you between 8-10 weeks. I think this is pretty reasonable so no complaints there.

Packaging
It comes in a tube where you squeeze the product out at the end. The cap comes off so you can definitely get all the product out so that there is no waste. You can also control how much comes out and the packaging is pretty reliable. I have travelled with it and it has not exploded or leaked out. The tube is a muted green colour that seems favourable with packagers of more natural products with a matte texture that helps with a grip if you are using it in the shower.

Use/Application
This is not a lathering or cream-y product. It's quite watery like those lotions you get in the perfume gift set at Christmas and the smell reminds me of purelene original formula lotion and the bottom of a rice bag. The graules are pretty small and uneven. This is very good for every day exfoliating as the granules clean the skin of dirt and grime and unclog pores excellently. The rice granules also act as an oil controller. 

Performance
As I said, this does not lather at all nor does it moisturize and this is quite odd to get used to but you do need very little as the granules go a long way. As long as you avoid your under eye area, you won't see any broken capillaries in your skin as it is pretty gentle on the skin despite being exfoliating. As far as improving the texture of my skin, this was a failure. I did not notice a difference and this did not help with getting rid of zits or clearing blackheads.

Conclusion
I think this product is fine as an accompanying product to a regular cleansing face wash but not as the main product. If you have pretty clear skin and you want to control oil from time to time then  this will work well, otherwise it does not have enough of an effect to spend your money on. I give it 6 out of 10 because of its excellent price, how gentle it is on skin, the fact that it controls oil so well and the amount of product you get for the price. I dislike the texture, its lack of antibacterial properties and its lack of effect on the texture of my skin.

I may repurchase it in the future but I won't be in a rush to do it. Have you tried this out? What did you think?

Till later,
*Jane

2 comments:

  1. It's too bad that this product didn't help your skin. Unfortunately you don't know if something is going to work for you unless you try it first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog Thank for the review,
    UsePapaya Visibly Ageless Scrub Wash
    from RetailPharma that dissolves makeup and impurities.
    Biotique Scrub
    Biotique Product Review

    ReplyDelete

Comments and Questions welcome here! No Foul Language please!