Monday, April 28, 2014

Review : Biore 4-in-1 Detoxifying Cleanser

Guys, I finally found it. The last missing piece to a skincare routine that completely works for me. Finally! My skin has calmed down so much and I am getting daily compliments on it from random strangers. Love it!

I blogged earlier in the year that I tried and fell in love with the Olay ProX face brush and that it has made a significant difference in controlling my breakouts and improving my skin texture - that was great but this, this is my skin soulmate.


My skin can be really sensitive and it has a hard time absorbing topical products resulting in clogged pores. Add tropical heat to that and you can count on sweat, smoke and other pollutants throughout the day. So whilst I was cleansing with the brush, I also needed something a little deeper to help encourage my pores to open up and get rid of all the toxins and extra things my skin was holding onto. Those tiny little bumps that signify clogged pores and the whiteheads that often accompany them have now disappeared and I am as happy as a clam.



Let's get into the review now shall we?


Packaging


The cleanser is currently available in two different packages. The only difference is on the label but the name is still the same. It is is a white opaque bottle with a blue wide spout for pumping as it is a foaming cleanser. There is also, thankfully, a clear cap to protect the spout and to catch any product that may try to escape. You get 6.7 Fl Oz in the bottle, which is a lot more than I normally get in a bottle. The pump and the spout are an excellent pairing and you only need one pump for your entire face. I haven't experienced any spillage or leaking and I have traveled with this cleanser more than once so I think the bottle is pretty sturdy. You can also pretty much pump from any position, upside down, right side up etc. The only improvement that could be made is to have little grips or indentations on the side of the bottle because it does tend to slip if you grab for it with wet fingers.

Use/Application


I wet my entire face with water, use one pump and apply this with my fingers onto my face and neck. There is a slight cooling sensation - nothing to irritate you but you do notice it. It foams up pretty well and I rub it in lightly with my fingers so I can make sure that it gets everywhere. The foam doesn't get out of control and it does a great job of staying put on your face. I rinse it off with cold water thoroughly and then go onto the next step in my routine.

This removes makeup, sunscreen and any oils I may have applied to my face in one quick step and despite the fact that it is foaming my skin never feels tight after I wash my face. I have not experienced any irritation whatsoever or any product buildup along my hairline, ears or neck which can happen if your skin is easily irritated or sensitive. It has a barely there smell and doesn't leave behind residue or scent or that nasty white cast that some cleansers can. I use this with my cleansing brush most nights but in the morning I use it with my fingers so don't feel that you need to have a brush for this to work for you I just like the feeling of knowing I got a good deep clean in one step especially if I am removing makeup.

I can't think of anything Biore needs to do to improve the formula of this product at all.

Pricing


This was one of the cheaper products on the shelf coming in at about $800 JMD (under $1000) and it was more product than a lot of other cleansers. I bought this back in February when my other face wash finished and I think I'm barely halfway through the bottle. I love that you get so much product but I know that as soon as this is finished I will be going out and buying this again. I've already had to stop myself from stocking up and just hoarding it. In fact, I'm getting anxious just worrying that I won't be able to find it again *deep breath*  but I will practice self control...I think. 

This is worth your money, and the fact that it is affordable makes it an even sweeter deal. Don't hem and haw, just buy it you will like it.

Results


Fantastic. Clear skin, unclogged pores, great smooth texture, even complexion, and it has helped with balancing and controlling oil. I really really like this. I have the old packaging and I sincerely hope the formula has not changed with the new packaging. The blurb reads thus:
I can't say that anything that it claims to do is false or doesn't ring true for me. They've done a wonderful job with this product and Biore, you guys should be applauded. I did not even know you guys did anything other than pore strips! Bravo!

Final Thoughts


It's been quite a few weeks and I am still in love. I saw results within the first two weeks of using this and I continue to see results. My skin has returned to its former glory and dare I say, is even better than it used to look. I will be buying this again and again and again, I've already recommended it to a bunch of people and I will be trying out other Biore products I see on the shelf now.

Till next time lovelies, and remember if you have any questions you can always leave me a comment or get me on Facebook

*Jane

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and Questions welcome here! No Foul Language please!