Thursday, June 4, 2009

Review - Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara and Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes

I'm a big fan of makeup- mostly on other people though. The only makeup I really like on myself is eye makeup so i tend to play with eyeshadows a lot. BUT i figure since Ill be starting the work world in less than a year I should start to look a little different than when I was in high school...a bit more sophisticated ya?

I recently purchased some items at the drugstore and I'll be reviewing the products I buy on this blog for those of you who want to follow.

Just so you know...I live in Jamaica (the island not that place in Queens) so its gotta be products that stand up to heat and the sun etc

Today, I'll be reviewing two items:

Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara




Now this is the regular washable one because I already have a waterproof mascara. I have really dark eyelashes so I wasn't really looking for anything that would make them show up even more..just probably lengthen them and fatten out the ends a little bit more.

I can honestly say I was pleasantly surprised! When i put it on...i didn't really see a difference..but then, by the time i finished applying it to the other eye I could see that my lashes had fanned out nicely and that they were nice and fat without drooping- and all this without curling my lashes.

Unlike my waterproof mascara, they didn't flake off throughout the day...when I rubbed my eyes they didn't prick me because they weren't all prickly and stiff...and they didn't clump or stick together much - bravo Maybelline, i guess my Great Lash has a competitor after all!

So..i give colossal lash an 8 out of 10

Neutrogena Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelettes


Now these still have a patent pending where they are selling them here. They claim to be ultra sift while gently dissolving all traces of makeup even waterproof mascara.

As a lazy girl, I come in really late and i do not feel like spending time washing my face and then using an eye makeup remover because well...all of that involves standing in the bathroom when i could be sleeping in bed.

So this seemed like the perfect tool for me not to have raccoon eyes in the morning - which most often led to eye allergies - blech! Thing is...it works as a makeup remover...and it really cleans off makeup and moisturizes your face without being sticky but...as to waterproof mascara and eye makeup....u really have to spend time getting into the areas around the eye to get off everything...that whole gently dissolves thing needs to be improved...maybe its a little too gentle- i mean it doesn't sting or anything...but it definitely doesn't get rid of it in one swipe- I deal with this dilemma by using a separate towelette for the eyes alone- otherwise going over the area again and again can get scratchy.

All in all it gets a 9 out of 10 - really does get off all makeup but can be a tad scratchy when going over the eye area to make sure those last bits of eyeliner/ mascara come off. Oh! and it does not break you out!

So that's it for now...gonna review a couple more stuff...like the new herbal essences specific remedy line ...excited :)- gonna have to do a video for that though so you can see the hair in person.

Till later
Jane


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and Questions welcome here! No Foul Language please!