Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Nude Lips

Im doing this blogpost from a borrowed computer as the adapter for my laptop has finally decided to go south on me :(. ah har!
But ive decided not to keep my exciting discovery/experimentation to myself. For years and years - well maybe just two years- ive been trying to find a way to create a nude lip. Ive bought the nude lipsticks, tried the different combos and taken the recommendations for the nude lip for 'women of colour' but nothing seemed to work.
I think it had to do with the fact that my top lip is a different colour from the bottom lip. I know it sounds weird but i dont look like a freak i promise. My bottom lip just looks 'poutier'
SO! this is how it happened: my friend had asked me to replicate a look that Yendi Phillips Miss Jamaica World 2008 had worn in a photoshoot she did. When i did it and was taking pictures of myself i noticed my lips were bare so on a whim i dipped into the bag of extra goodies i had gotten from elf for my first order and pulled out the 'tone correcting concealer' It had been a tad too light for me so i had offered it to my mother but somehow she prefers stealing my stick concealer.
I swiped it over my lips and let it dry. By the way-the thing smells so damn much like candy it took some SERIOUS willpower not to lick it off. ridiculous right? Anyhoo- when it dried i swiped on a creme shade stick in this deep bronze i sometimes used on my cheeks...and my lips literally disappeared! I was so ecstatic. Ultimately, i wanted it a lil pinker so i just got some really pigmented lip gloss- not the shimmery kind and dabbed it over it and patted on a teensy bit of clear gloss.
Sa-tis-faction! I was so pleased with me :)
So on my next day in the sun i will be sporting my nude lips with my shades like the hot girl i am ( cuz i can do nude lips now ha ha!).
I will post a vid and pics soon. Until then you can link me for some of that concealer. Go ELF!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and Questions welcome here! No Foul Language please!