Friday, November 1, 2013

Growing Longer Hair With Biotin

Some time ago I had posted  on my Facebook page about how fast my hair was growing and how one of the things that caused a tremendous difference was the addition of a Biotin supplement.

This post will deal with some of the more popular questions I've been asked since then. Please note that though the Biotin was the main thing encouraging hair growth it wasn't the only thing. If you want a more detailed explanation of my hair routine you can go here .

Alright,  I started taking Biotin in July of this year. I took the Sundown brand with the 5000 microgram (mcg) capsule in the High Potency formula. I chose this brand because it claimed to be an all natural formula made with vegetable rather than animal products. It comes in in an orange bottle with 60 filled capsules. The capsules are clear and are filled with a fine white powder. It is not a small capsule by any means so if you are uncomfortable swallowing pills maybe this brand is not for you. I took the capsule once a day with meals as was indicated. Biotin also has the claim of speeding up your metabolism but that is for another post.

Here are the pros and cons:

Pros
-increased the speed at which my hair grew
-increased the healing time for cuts,  scrapes and mosquito bites
-allowed for my hair to grow thicker and stronger
-improved the overall complexion of my skin by evening out my skin tone
-made my nails grow faster and stronger and longer w/o breakage or splitting.

Cons
-I had acne flare ups on my face, neck and shoulders
-it makes you suuuuper thirsty forcing you to drastically increase your liquid intake
-to control the acne you need to make sure that you're hydrating with water not any sugary drink or you will bloat

Other FAQ
-It does not have any taste and did not dissolve on my tongue
-it did not cause upset stomach or diarrhoea
-it did not increase/decrease my appetite
-it did not cause me to lose or gain weight on its own
-it didn't cause gas or bloating
-it didn't affect my menstrual cycle
-my hair did not fall out
-all your hair will grow quicker including legs , arm pits etc

I am currently finished with my second bottle and am taking a month off before continuing to take it. I've achieved the growth spurt I wanted so I might reduce the amount of micrograms I take daily.

I hope I've answered all your questions but if you have any more please feel free to leave a comment or contact me on Facebook.

Till later,
**Jane

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and Questions welcome here! No Foul Language please!