Monday, June 30, 2014

Review: L'Oreal Evercreme Deep Nourishing Masque


By now, we should all be aware that in order to get and maintain healthy hair we need to use a deep conditioner. No? Are you still just shampooing and conditioning? Sort it out ladies, sort it out!

Now, there is more than a fair share of deep conditioners on the shelves currently and you may be confused about which one will work for you. I thought it would be useful to review a couple deep conditioners I have tried individually and then do a side-by-side comparison for you. 

The one I am currently loving is the L'Oreal Evercreme Deep Nourishing Masque that I picked up from Megamart for about $800 JMD about two months ago. Here are my thoughts:

Packaging

This comes in a standard tub/pot with a twist off lid. It's a pretty reflective gold container with about 5 fluid ounces of product inside. It's not so big that it can't fit on the ledge of the bath but it's not a small tub either. There are no grips on the container so you will definitely need to grip this properly to prevent it from scatting all over the tub *because this so didn't happen to me*. So this is pretty standard packaging, nothing out of whack. 

Pricing

This is on the lower end of the spectrum when it comes on to deep conditioners. I've seen similar products with similar ingredients for double the cost so I really like the price tag, It is also affordable enough for you to buy and use at home rather than having to wait for a salon appointment for your hairdresser to use it on you. As I said earlier, I got it for around $800 JMD which is my sweet spot for products. I have seen it elsewhere for up to $1100 JMD though and if you find it online it may run even pricier than that. Don't buy the first tub that you see however because L'Oreal is having a pretty intense campaign in the Caribbean currently so you will find their products in several places. 

Application

If you follow the instructions you should apply this to towel-dried hair after shampooing. You can use a regular conditioner before you use this but I have found that I have better results when I apply it right after shampooing. It is quite a strong scent, and you will most definitely notice it - they were pretty heavy handed with the sniffs. The scent doesn't offend me and it doesn't linger in the same strength as it is when you apply it to your hair so when you uncap it don't freak out, the scent will wash away.
Now this is where this product shines. I have relaxed, coloured hair so this means that I need all the moisture in the world. I usually take two scoops of a deep conditioner and apply to my hair in two parts. This product? Half a scoop served for my whole head - and I have a pretty big head. I started out as I normally did, a little first because I was using it for the first time, applied to the ends of my hair first then worked it into my roots massaging it so my hair would begin to detangle itself. Then I kinda realized that I was massaging my whole head and the product had melted into my hair nicely like some kind of butter. I literally stood in the shower going "Whoa....". I kid you not my friends. It absorbed beautifully without leaving that clammy feeling most conditioners leave on my fingers and I barely had to work it into my hair. Amazing. Full stop.

Results

I left the conditioner in for about twenty minutes in the shower, no heat or cap and when I rinsed it out my hair didn't feel greasy or limp but I could tell immediately that it was considerably softer. Fast forward several hours later, it was still really really really soft, shiny and bouncy. Not only could I not stop touching it, my husband kept playing in my hair too. I think the softness is due to the lack of sulfates in it and to the ceramides. As a brown-haired girl you get pretty excited when your hair looks shiny without much work especially when your hue is more mousey than anything.

I really enjoyed this conditioner and I am praying that they don't change the formula anytime soon. So, would I recommend this? If you follow me on Instagram or you've liked my Facebook page you will know that I already have! Run out and get it, it won't disappoint you. (PS I am convincing my naturalista friend to give it a run and let me know her thoughts, as soon as she does I will let you guys know.) 

((You can see my full haircare routine here and how I grew out my hair from a pixie cut here))

Thanks for reading lovelies!
Till next time,
*Jane


PS - Check out my new boutique for customized jewellery - we ship worldwide! Click here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and Questions welcome here! No Foul Language please!