Friday, October 17, 2014

What to Keep in Your Desk Drawer



We all know it, it pays to be prepared especially on those days when just about everything is going wrong. After a particularly fail-worthy day at the office I created a checklist in my head of things I should keep in my desk at my office for those days when it is absolutely impractical to go home. I've divided the list into two sections - Essentials and Add-Ons. If I've left off something be sure to let me know and I can add it to the list. Here We go:

Essentials


  • Chargers : Because duh... you don't want your phone or your tablet to die. This is your only way of contacting the outside world, and is the 'essentialest' of essentials
  • Hygiene Kit: This is a small pouch and should include toothpaste and toothbrush, deodorant, and a small rag. If you are a lady, include a few panty liners & sanitary napkins. Some persons also carry an extra pair of underwear but I don't feel too comfortable having panties in my drawer at work but to each his own.
  • First Aid Kit: because accidents happen and nobody wants to touch your blood. #justsaying;
  • Sewing Kit : You don't actually have to know how to sew. This can include things like dressmaker's tape to easily fix a loose hem; safety pins for broken zippers and extra buttons if you do know how to sew;
  • Light Snacks: If you get hangry, please spare your co-workers and keep something in your desk to reach for when the day runs longer than you think it will;


Add- Ons


  • Headphones: not everyone shares your taste in music and they shouldn't be subjected to old school whatever it is that keeps you awake;
  • Lint roller: unless you like it when that cute co-worker tries to brush off your fuzzies. (Naughty naughty!)
  • Handheld Mirror & Brush : If you play with your hair, you may want to take a look at it before you get up from your desk to report to your boss;
  • Umbrella : cuz rain...duh
  • Extra pair of shoes: Your heel could break, the sole could come off, you could have tracked through mud to get into the office or you could want a break from your heels. Please do not bring flip flops - flats are always a better more professional option - you aren't at home.

What do you need to have at work to function properly? Leave me a comment and let me know!

'Til later,
*Jane







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and Questions welcome here! No Foul Language please!