Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tag: 40 Beauty Questions

SKINCARE -
How many times do you wash your face daily?
I try to wash it twice a day, though because Im not a morning person Im sometimes too rushed to do it in the mornings

What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
Combination dry skin

What is your current facial wash?
I'm alternating right now between Ambi even and clear and St. Ives Olive Oil Cleansing Facial Wash

Do you exfoliate?
Yes, at least once a week- twice a week when im menstruating  

What brand do you use?
I use St Ives Apricot Cleanser- and have been using it for years

What moisturizer do you use?
right now Ambi even and clear- but it sucks crazily- i really am just trying to finish it so I can switch it out for something else

Do you have freckles?
Yes, they tend to show if I don't get enough sun or if i get too much. (and yes you can be dark skinned with freckles)

Do you use eye cream?
No but I am looking into getting one sooner than later. I don't sleep much so its an investment I need to make

Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
I break out right before its that time but I have decent skin otherwise.

Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
Nope.


MAKE-UP

What foundation do you use?
Nada. show me a foundation that wont melt off in Caribbean weather and is weightless and Ill consider wearing foundation.

How about concealer?
Right now I'm using Black Opal. I'm on the prowl for something that doesn't crease however, and for a makeup company that has consistent shades.

Do you know your undertone color?
I am warm toned naturally with red undertones. if i get sick i tend to look yellow though...

What do you think of fake eyelashes?
Yet to see someone pull them off without them looking.....fake. ya know? so right now im ant-fake eyelashes

Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Of course! You don’t want eye infections! Throw it out and buy a new one.

What brand of mascara do you use?
Maybelline Colossal Lash- i wanna try Lash Stiletto though ( I hear removal is easier)

Sephora or MAC?
Neither is easily accessible to me in this part of the world. :(

Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
Nope

What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
Brushes mainly, but also tissue, cotton swabs, sponge applicators and my fingers of course

Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
No but I always put concealer on my lids before I use colour there

For the face?
Nope.

What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
Impossible to choose. It changes with the day the place the mood. That's why there is such a wide selection right?

Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
both 

How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
That actually has never happened.....hmmm

What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
messy but the colour payoff is great!

Do you use mineral makeup?
Not a fan of mica or that much iron being on ma skin. Im still skeptical- I prefer natural makeup from herbs rather than minerals

What is your favorite lipstick?
Don't wear lipstick. I like subtle/sultry makeup on myself and colour on my lips draws too much attention to them.

How about lipgloss?
no faves- anything that doesn't eventually slide off my lips.

What is your favorite blush to use?
taj mahal.

Do you buy your makeup on ebay
?
Negative.

Do you like drugstore makeup?
Yup, cheap, predictable, dependable makeup that allows you to make mistakes and wash em off w/o having to wear them around because of some exclusive ingredient w miraculous staying power

Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
No access to any here, can you believe it?!

Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Yes, I have and I'm certified :)

Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
No, but Im not a clumsy person generally

Name a makeup crime that you hate?
omg- black lipliner and blue eye makeup, one colour eyeshadow from lid to browbone- no variation or blending, etc.

Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
yes but there is a time and place for everything I believe.

Which celebrity always has great make up?
I could not tell you...good makeup starts with good skin so I think Halle Berry, Iman, Selma Hayek and the oh-so-lovely Natalie Portman. loooooove her!

If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item, what would you use? 
Chapstick. If i felt plain I'd just pinch ma cheeks, bite ma lips and rub the chapstick on my eyelashes and bam! no makeup makeup lol- try it tho...it works

Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?I do most of the time. Makeup isn't that big of a deal here

Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
Yes, especially when I get sleep and Ive been drinking my water

In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
That’s hard- Iman i guess but she doesn't have as wide a selection as MAC (which tends not to work for most of the complexions in my country so what to do?)

What do you think of Makeup??
I love it! It’s fun – it’s expression and art in a way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and Questions welcome here! No Foul Language please!